I’d been searching for an Endodontic for a few nearly a year to complete my root canal retreat & came across Dr. Barr’s office by happenstance. At this point I wasn’t sure if it could be done — he did it.
(1) The environment is clean, relaxing and professional which builds a good foundation for the procedure if you get nervous about visiting the dentist.
(2) He cares about his practice — this is seen in the way he leads and trains his staff. On various occasions during the procedure he would highlight to his dentist assistant best practices and share stories from his dental past.
(3) I trusted him because he trusted my general dentist. When searching around for Dr to complete my retreat I was sure I was getting the run around. Dr. Barr ensured I was getting the best treatment & he proved this by collaborating with my general dentist on how she’d like to receive my tooth following the healing process. In the long run, this saved me time and money.
(4) The follow-up—following the procedure I received a follow-up call to make sure I was healing properly. In general, this is a great practice. It made me feel cared for as a patient.
(5) Insurance coverage — this procedure wasn’t covered by my insurance (A-BCBS), so I had to pay out of pocket. While this is the case the procedure was reasonably priced, and the claim submission was prompt.
(1) The office could do improve by working better under pressure. Unforeseen circumstances tangled my follow-up just a little, but it may be helpful to impose a solid/secure way of dealing with uncertainty.
Overall, I valued my experience with Dr. Barr’s office and am happy with the quality of my treatment and service.
I just wrote a thank you note for a root canal! Amazing technology, painless, felt great within a few hours. Dr. Barr is up with the latest breakthroughs in dentistry. Great staff, very happy I scheduled with Dr. Barr!
So I’ve worked in dentistry for 38 years and never even come close to needing a root canal, until this past December when my tooth started hurting. I put off telling my dentist I work for about the pain due to my own phobia of getting in the chair!! Well I ended up in Dr. Barr’s chair anyways, and I couldn’t have been more surprised at how at ease him and his staff made me feel! He knew I was nervous but once he started talking to me I felt so comfortable and literally almost went to sleep during the dreaded root canal!! I highly recommend Dr. Barr’s and his staff!!!
He is the best and Im one of those who have terrible anxiety about dentist.
Best ,Kindest and knowledgeable doctor I have ever seen .Filled with compassion and kindness .He saved me with the right diagnosis and gave me so much mental support.
Thank you to Dr Barr & to his amazing assistance
Dr. Barr is as good as it gets, makes a root canal less of an ordeal than a small cavity, amazing. The staff was great too!
I went to Dr Barr for the first time on a recommendation back in 2012. Upon my emergency root canal visit, the staff were courteous, professional and made me feel very comfortable. I am not of fan of dentist visits, so this was a huge PLUS! Dr Barr is incredibly skilled. His touch is so precise and delicate, it was as if his instruments weren't even in my mouth (I am extra sensitive and very critical). I read posts all the time, but no one does follow-ups, So I decided to wait 3years later for an all-in-1. I still have my temporary root canal filling (without incident and of very HIGH quality). I will be going to Dr Barr's referral to complete my cosmetic bridge in the next couple of weeks. I will post again with those results as well. Hope this helps...Happy Hunting!
I had my first visit today for a root canal that I was very worried about. Dr. Barr put me at ease and was very gentle to not hurt me. I did not feel any needles, which is a first for me and he was attentive to the fact my tooth wasn't freezing properly. He was cautious and gave my tooth freezing before I could feel sensitivity down in the nerve. Overall, I will recommend him to everyone I know and I will be back if I ever need another root canal.
A true professional and a perfectionist. Dr Barr is incredibly knowledgeable with the ability to explain in lay terms. He made the experience of root canal reasonable, non-scary and informative.